improve the user experience. By using the site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our
BMO Free Wednesdays: Enjoy free admission every Wednesday from 4-8 pm. Presented by BMO Financial Group.
You may pay or complete payment at the reception desk. We accept credit card, debit card, and cash.
2. Can I change the number of students/adults booked?
Changes in numbers can be made up to 2 business days prior to the visit.
3. Where can we have lunch and do you have lunch options at the AKM?
We encourage school groups to enjoy lunch at our café where food prepared by McEwan catering is available for purchase.
Other indoor options include the Museum Atrium and the classrooms, if available.
You may also eat outside in our courtyard or at the Aga Khan Park, weather permitting.
Other lunch options include Tim Horton’s, Subway and Superstore (10-15 minute walk).
4. If coming by school bus, where does the bus drop off the students and park?
Buses should drop off students in the roundabout area of the Museum at the 77 Wynford Drive entry.
If you require bus parking, please pre-arrange this with us.
5. Can we change the start and end time of the visit?
The timing of school visits can be adjusted, and can start earlier than 10 am with advance notice.
If your timing preferences have changed, please email us at [email protected] with specifics.
6. What is the maximum number of students you can accommodate per program?
Our classroom capacity is 66 students.
In some cases, a higher capacity may be accommodated.
Please contact us at [email protected]
7. Are we able to customize visits in consult with the teachers at AKM?
Longer lead times may be needed to ensure we have all materials and resources.
If you would like to get in touch with one of our teachers, please email us at [email protected]
8. How many adults can accompany the students, free of charge?
Teachers with OCT cards gain free admission, either on a pre-visit or on a school visit.
However, the ration of teachers and/or chaperones who gain free admission on school visits correspond to the number of students attending:
Early Learning (ages 2-5): 1 adult chaperone for every 5 students
Primary (grades 1-3): 1 adult chaperone for every 5 students
Junior (grades 4-6) 1 adult chaperone for every 8 students
Middle School (7-8) 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students
High School (9-12) 1 adult chaperone for every 20
9. Do we need to prepare or bring materials?
Everything needed for your visit will be provided.
If you have selected the workshop art activity, please dress of mess!
10. Do you offer modified tours for ESL students or students with special needs?
Please indicate any notes in the comment box in your booking form, and book as early as possible to ensure teachers are able to plan and prepare accordingly.
11. Do you offer tours in French?
With advanced notice, we are able to accommodate limited French language tours.
Please enquire at [email protected]
12. Do you offer programs for adult ESL or university/college students?
1. What age group of children is Family Sunday for?
Our activities are aimed at children ages 5-12, however younger visitors are always welcome, we have rugs and pillows where they can play with block toys and see picture books. We also have puzzles and books
for older siblings.
2. Can I drop off my kids to Family Sunday and visit the museum?
No Family Sunday is a not a drop off program. One adult needs to stay with the children at all times.
3. Can I leave my kids in Family Sunday while I grab a coffee at the café?
No, we are not responsible for the children, so they cannot be left unsupervised even temporarily.
4. Can I reserve a spot for Family Sunday?
No it’s a drop in program. Should the room be full you can return after a while to see if room has opened up.
5. How much does the program cost?
Family Sunday is free with admission; we do check admission tickets at the entrance.
6. How long can I spend at Family Sunday with my kids?
The program runs from 12pm-4pm and you are welcome to stay on as long as it is not too busy.
7. My child left their artwork in the Family Sunday room. Do you still have it?
We encourage families to take all their belongings with them. You can check in the following
week if we still have the art piece, but we will not keep it longer than that.
8. Does this program only run on Sundays?
This program runs predominantly on Sundays and Family Days. Sometimes we may have it run an extra day,
you can see details on our website
9. What else do you offer for children?
In the summers we have camps for children aged 6-13. Please see our website for details. We also have
storytelling and pop up performances and lots of programming in the park in the summer months.
1. Where can I learn about what programs you have for adults?
You can learn about programs on our website and on the Explore Aga Khan Museum Program Guide that is printed 3 times a year.
2. I want to attend a six-week course, will I have to pay for parking each week?
For courses we offer a 50% discount on parking. You can purchase parking online at the same time as your course,
or you can purchase it from the visitor services desk on the first day of the course.
3. Can I bring my own materials?
No, the facilitator conducting the workshop or course will be purchasing the required materials and distributing to the participants.
4. Do I have to pay for materials?
If there is a material fee for the workshop or course it will be indicated on the website.
5. If I miss one class can I be reimbursed?
No, if participants are unable to attend one or more days of a course they cannot be reimbursed.
6. Where is the workshop/course held?
Most of our workshops and courses are held in the education centre. You can always ask a volunteer,
the staff at the visitor services desk or security where to go.
7. Are there breaks during classes?
Workshop and course facilitators typically do give breaks; you can always let them know on arrival
if you would like a break.
8. When will the course outline be made available?
The instructor will typically share an outline the first day of class.
9. Do we get a certificate of completion at the end of the workshop or course?
Workshops and courses are considered lifelong learning and therefore have neither homework,
nor tests nor certificates of completion.
10. I attended a course/workshop at the museum and would like to get in touch with a fellow participant. Can you send me their contact information?
We are not allowed to share personal information.
11. Are gallery visits included in the cost of workshops?
No workshops run for 5 hours and do not include time in the gallery.
12. Are gallery visits included in the cost of a course?
Typically gallery visits are not included unless the instructor has included it in the course.
Get connected. Stay engaged. Sign up for the latest updates from the Aga Khan Museum
By selecting subscribe, I agree to receive emails to learn about upcoming exhibitions, programs, events, and promotions at the Aga Khan Museum and Park.
I understand that I can withdraw my consent at any time by contacting [email protected]