Doors Open Toronto 2017
Sat, May 27, 2017 10:00AM
- Sat, May 27, 2017 06:00PM
We’re excited to participate again this year in the city’s popular event. Family activities in the Education Centre, architecture-inspired tours, and half-price admission to our exhibitions are just some of our special offerings in store. While you’re here, be sure to take an architectural tour of the Ismaili Centre, located steps away from our front doors.
Throughout the weekend
- Between 10:30 am and 4:30 pm, take part in free architecture tours of the Museum and learn about key features of the site.* Tours leave every 15 minutes.
Plus, tour the Ismaili Centre, Toronto, located right next door to the Museum. Tours of the Ismaili Centre, Toronto start every 30 minutes between 10 am and 4:30 pm.
- Between 12 pm and 5 pm, keep an ear out for Pop-Up Performances in the Museum’s public spaces and at the Ismaili Centre, Toronto.
Performers include Capoeira Angola Toronto, Indigenous hoop dancer Lisa Odjig, and musician Sanaz Nakhjavani on the Turkish qanun.
- Between 12 pm and 4 pm, enjoy family-friendly art activities in the Education Centre.
Sessions begin every half hour. Reserve your free ticket at the Education Centre 15 minutes before each session.
Exclusively on Saturday, May 27
- From 2 pm to 5 pm, enjoy lively roundtable discussions during an Artists’ Symposium featuring selected artists from Rebel, Jester, Mystic, Poet as they explore such questions as “Who are Persians today?”
Exclusively on Sunday, May 28
- Between 10 am and 6 pm, experience our auditorium and view on-screen highlights of our previous programming. Simply walk in and grab a seat.
* Please note the auditorium will not be available for tours on Saturday, May 27. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Photo(s) by Connie Tsang